Monday, July 28, 2008

Baby Food

Here's our most recent additions to the family. We have 26 baby bean plants now and the squash kids are mostly thriving on their little squash mountains. Our little hazelnut has made it through an entire year of being cramped in a black plastic pot, moved twice, and left unwatered an unmentionable number of times. And yet....here it is....looking as lovely as ever. The potatoes....what can I say....they're getting so big! And even starting to flower now. But the real champ of the garden seems to be the arugula. It's a veritable cornucopia of luscious peppery greenery goodness. Yum.

4 comments:

MsALWalker said...

Good for you !!! I'm doing my part to go green, although my husband says I'm going green lite.

Adventuresalon.blogspot.com

Adam said...

Hooray for rocket.

Kendal said...

Rocket is great! Thanks Adam, for learning me something new. I can't wait to make blast off salad.

You guys make great veggie babies!

By the way, I tried to reproduce a little quinoa/tofu/beets dish that I remember having at your house, and my mother-in-love LOVED it. At least, she said she did when she was bragging about us to her cousin.

Jill said...

whoah. i had no idea that arugula is also called rocket. that is pretty awesome. now i can be ready for blast offs ALL THE TIME!!! :)